Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nestor Miranda Cigars


If you weren't at The Outlaw Cigar Co. party Saturday afternoon, I'm afraid you may have missed out. Nestor Miranda of Miami Cigar was there to promote his special 20th Anniversary, Don Pepin Garcia-made offering. To be honest I wasn't really expecting much. No beer, no 300 lb. roast pig, no live music, etc. Turns out, nobody needed any of that this time around. It was all about the cigar! And they were FANTASTIC!

These cigars have a pre-light aroma of fine chocolates. They smoke with subtile spiciness, a creamy smooth finish and produce clouds of fragrant smoke. I enjoyed mine until my fingers could no longer hold it due to the heat. And it was every bit as good right down to the nub. I had to re-light it a few times but at NO point was there a bitter "re-light" taste.

Some cigars give you full flavor but make you pay for it in the knees (smoke a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero on an empty stomach and you'll know what I mean). Others leave you feeling fine but have very little (or bad) flavors. These Nestor Midanda Special Selections are delicious, and you won't need a wheelchair afterwards!

I had a great time, sampled some really nice rum, sat with Nestor Miranda and watched basketball for a while, and went home with an armload of very fine cigars!

No comments:

Post a Comment