There isn't anything unusual about this these days, nor is there much of anything special about this particular building. It's just a little sad, and a pretty big waste of a well-built, solid building. But, you can't save them all.
Bits, scraps, chunks, parts and pieces served up on a tasty slice of marble rye.
There isn't anything unusual about this these days, nor is there much of anything special about this particular building. It's just a little sad, and a pretty big waste of a well-built, solid building. But, you can't save them all.
Thank you for these pics. I attended Chick from 85-90.
ReplyDeleteAttended Sept 1962 thru May 1970. These bring back memories. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI use to go to that school in was good school to learn and have fun
ReplyDeleteI attended Chick school from Kindergarten through 7th grade , fall of 1951 through spring of 1959. Wonderful memories. Kindergarten room was on first floor in the middle of the building where it protrudes out. The room had a fireplace you could walk into without stooping down. Since it sat at the top of a hill on 53rd street and my house was at the top of a hill on 55th street, I can truthfully say I walked to school on Norton street uphill both ways.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI remember my old school and I remember my old teachers and friends. And I miss them
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are so beautiful, yet they bring a bit of sadness to my heart. I attended J.S. Chick School during the summers of 1999–2000 while staying with my aunt. I learned so much there—more than I ever did at my own school in Georgia.
ReplyDeleteTo this day, I still remember reciting “I Am Somebody” and the pledge every morning:
“I pledge today to open my mind. I will seek and learn new knowledge. I will not harm, fight, or disrespect my fellow brothers and sisters.”
I still recite these words to my nephews and niece. These are lessons that have stayed with me, and I truly believe they should be taught in every school.