Friday, January 24, 2014

Just stop

Who hasn't driven past a particularly spectacular building and said, "I've GOT to see inside that someday!"?

I was in Wichita for a few days photographing a large and fairly uninteresting project when we stumbled on to an amazing Catholic Church. Wichita has a lot of Mid-Century-Moden architecture, but this church is WAY over the top! "I bet it's still amazing inside.", I said as we drove by.

On the last day in town we happened to drive past it again. It was fate. We stopped. We went in. And we were in awe.

I haven't been able to find any more about this building than what's on this dedication wall. I'd love to know who the architect was!
So, next time you drive past that spectacular building, try this:

Stop.

Grab your camera.

Knock on the door.

You'll probably be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment